If you are in search of mobile event apps and event management platforms to enhance your attendees’ experiences and boost your productivity and ROI, then you just came to the right place. Making research is important, and what better way to start your research than by checking out some insightful event technology and mobile event app statistics and seeing their impact on a global scale?
The Agorify editorial team conducted extensive research on event technology statistics and curated the most valuable 50 event app and event technology statistics into one place. Here you will find out which are the most widely used event app features, what is currently focusing the event management technology industry, and other event industry expert insights that we believe you will find beyond useful.
Let's get right to some of the most insightful event technology and event app statistics!
1. The size of the global market for mobile event apps is predicted to increase at an 18% CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate). (Source)
It is anticipated that by 2030, there would be 2.8 billion USD in the global market for mobile event apps, up from 1.3 billion USD in 2021. The cloud-based category will have the most market share and be the most well-liked within the anticipated time frame. Because they enhance the customer experience and increase productivity, large businesses are expected to continue investing heavily in mobile event apps.
2. Event applications are used by 83% of event organizers. (Source)
Event organizers have made the decision to adopt event technology. Around 83% of event planners utilize event applications, according to certain event app statistics provided by Eventbrite.
3. 91% of event organizers consider event apps crucial to the success of their events. (Source)
It seems that the majority of event planners today do use event apps for their events. But if you're curious to know why, here's an explanation: One of the event app statistics reveals that around 91% of respondents believe that event applications are the key to successful events.
4. 78.7% of event technology providers currently on the market have been developing event technology for over six years. (Source)
This demonstrates that the market for event technology is developed and well-established, and that a wide range of businesses have substantial expertise in creating and delivering event technology solutions.
5. 78% of companies that use a mobile event app say that it makes their event's return on investment (ROI) better. (Source)
Mobile event applications are beneficial for the event's return on investment (ROI) because they increase attendees' satisfaction and keep them coming back. According to Markletic’s event app statistics, 78% of companies using this kind of app have seen a positive event ROI.
6. 67.2% of event management platforms offering mobile event apps include lead scanning as a feature. (Source)
As more than half of these platforms incorporate lead scanning into their offerings, this demonstrates that lead scanning is a well-liked feature of mobile event apps. Lead scanning facilitates the quick and simple exchange of contact information between attendees and exhibitors, which is helpful for follow-up after the event.
7. 62.3% of event management platforms offering mobile event apps include the ability to house multiple events in the app as a feature. (Source)
This mobile event app statistic indicates that mobile event applications and event management systems frequently offer the capacity to conduct several events within a single app. In fact, more than half of these platforms have incorporated this in their offering. As it enables participants to access information for all events within a single app, this feature can be helpful for event organizers who organize several events throughout the year.
8. 57.4% of event management platforms offering mobile event apps include attendee-to-attendee contact exchange as a feature. (Source)
Attendee-to-attendee contact is a very common feature in event management platforms that have mobile event app. With the help of this function, attendees may quickly connect with one another, exchange contact details, and network throughout the event.
9. 50.8% of event management platforms offering mobile event apps include session/room capacity monitoring as a feature. (Source
This shows that more than half of mobile event apps and event management platforms offer session and room capacity monitoring.For event planners, this function can be helpful in ensuring that sessions and rooms are not crowded and comply with health and safety regulations.
10. Trainings and workshops have the highest event app adoption rate (64%). (Source)
With an average adoption rate of 64%, trainings and workshops have the highest adoption rates of any types of events. This is probably because people who attend these events tend to be more targeted and have a particular interest or need, which makes using an event app more beneficial and relevant.
11. Conferences and tradeshows see an average of 61% adoption of event apps. (Source)
In recent years, the industry of conferences and tradeshows has seen a rise in the use of event apps. In fact, statistics show that event applications are adopted at a rate of 61% on average when it comes to these kinds of events.
12. 93% of event organizers use the sponsor and exhibitor listings that are available on event apps. (Source)
Sponsor and exhibitor listings seem to be popular mobile event app features among event organizers. An event app statistics study revealed that 93% of event planners use these features to highlight their sponsors and exhibitors.
13. 86% of mobile event apps use some type of AI. (Source)
According to EventMB's event app statistics, 86% of mobile event applications employ AI in some capacity in order to improve the user experience. Popular use of AI in mobile event apps include chatbots, facial recognition, sentiment analysis and smart matchmaking.
14. 98.3% of event industry professionals use the digital agenda feature in mobile event apps. (Source)
Mobile event apps are a must for event organizers who would like to enhance the attendee experience. The digital agenda seems to be the most popular feature, as it is used by 98.3%.
15. Approximately 49% of event app providers state that clients interact most with engagement elements. (Source)
This suggests that integrating engaging and interactive features in event apps is crucial for increasing attendance and satisfaction. To make an event more engaging and enjoyable for attendees, engagement components can include features like leaderboards, scavenger hunts, quizzes, and surveys.
16. 89.3% of event professionals use the speakers listing feature. (Source)
Event planners can display the speakers who will be talking at their event with the help of the speaker listing feature. In fact, approximately 89.3% of event professionals use this feature in their event applications.
17. 79% of event organizers prefer an event app that is simple to use. (Source)
This demonstrates the need for event software that is not just practical but also quick and simple to set up. Considering that the event industry is fast-paced, event organizers are often too busy to deal with technology solutions that are too complex to use.
18. Events with 11–14 push notifications note a 20% increase in event app adoption. (Source)
The more push notifications, the higher event app adoption rate. The "mere-exposure effect" is a phenomenon that is thought to be responsible for the connection between push notifications and the uptake of event apps.
19. 59% of event apps use gamification. (Source)
In order to increase user engagement and promote participation, event apps frequently incorporate gamification. In fact, according to one of the event app statistics from Cvent, 59% of these types of applications include gamification in some way.
20. In 2020 the event management software market was valued at $9.13 billion in 2020 and is predicted to grow to a value of $16.71 billion by 2026. (Source)
The market for event management software was estimated to be worth $9.13 billion globally in 2020, and by 2026, it is anticipated to be worth $16.71 billion. This corresponds to a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2%
21. 51% of event organizers who adopted event technology early report that they are seeing good results from their event technology investments. (Source)
The positive returns on investment that early users of event technology are experiencing are not surprising. The preparation, execution, and general success of an event can be significantly improved by the use of event technology.
22. 68.9% of event management platforms noted increased demand in 2023 compared to 2022. (Source)
This may indicate that the event management sector is expanding and that customers are becoming more interested in the solutions provided by event management platforms. It can also mean that the event industry is recovering from the pandemic's effects.
23. Event technology can increase event staff’s productivity by 27%. (Source)
By streamlining numerous procedures, automating repetitive tasks, and delivering real-time data and analytics to optimize event operations, event technology can definitely increase the productivity of event staff. What’s more, it can boost their productivity by up to 27%.
24. Content and speaker management is the third most widely available event management feature, with 86.9% of event management platforms offering it. (Source)
This indicates that content and speaker management are important features of event management platforms and are widely available across the market. Content and speaker management tools can help event organizers manage speaker information, track speaker activity, and ensure that event content is organized and delivered effectively.
25. 37.7% of event management platforms offer floor plan building features. (Source)
The capacity to generate a floor plan or layout of the event space is offered by somewhat more than one-third of event management software. Event planners can employ floor plan building elements to make sure that the arrangement of the event space is ideal for attendee engagement and traffic flow.
26. 23% of event management platforms offer room diagramming features. (Source)
An event technology statistic by Skift Meetings shows that 23% of event management platforms offer room diagramming features. This indicates that fewer than one-quarter of event management software include the option to build intricate schematics of specific event space rooms.
27. 80.3% of event technology platforms allow the client, or the event organizer, to own and control user data. (Source)
Since it enables companies to better understand their attendees and customize their events to suit their needs, the ability to own and control user data is a crucial feature for event organizers. According to some event technology statistics, this is allowed by 80.3% of event technology platforms.
28. Around 90% of event technology platforms allow for self-service use, but help is available via different channels. (Source)
This suggests that event technology providers are understanding the requirement for an intuitive user interface that enables attendees and organizers to utilize the platform independently while also providing assistance when necessary.
29. 65.5% of event technology event management platforms are small companies with up to 100 employees. (Source)
According to the event technology statistics, the vast majority of event technology companies have between one and one hundred employees. This indicates that small and medium-sized firms make up the majority of the event technology industry, with large organizations making up the minority.
30. Event technology can decrease costs by 30%. (Source)
Event organizers can significantly reduce costs by streamlining many areas of the planning and execution process by utilizing the most up-to-date event technology tools and platforms. They could save up to 30% of their money this way.
31. 67% of event professionals who organize hybrid events claim that technology is their biggest concern. (Source)
Hybrid events are generally a new event format. This is why one of the biggest concerns for professionals who organize such events is the effective use of technology in order to enable a good event experience. Click here for more hybrid event statistics.
32. 75% of event management event management platforms provide check-in scanning of attendees at check-in. (Source)
This reveals that the vast majority of event management software allows attendees to check-in using a barcode or QR code scanner. This can increase the speed and accuracy of the check-in process, cut down on waiting time, and boost attendee satisfaction.
33. 59% of event management event management platforms support badge printing. (Source)
This indicates that slightly more than half of event management solutions have the option to design and print badges for attendees right from the platform. By adding a professional and personalized touch, event badge printing options can assist event organizers in streamlining the check-in process and enhancing the entire attendee experience.
34. Only 44% of event management event platforms offer an at-home badge printing option. (Source)
Providing attendees with the opportunity to print their badges at home can be a useful feature, especially for those who do not have the time or means to do so onsite. By lessening the effort of the check-in staff and cutting down on wait times for attendees, this feature may also assist event organizers in saving time and resources. According to event technology statistics, only 44% of event management platforms offer this option.
Learn more about Agorify’s Badge Printing solution, click here.
35. 85.2% of event management platforms offer longer-term engagement of attendees such as on-demand content capabilities. (Source)
This shows that giving event organizers access to event content after the live event is over is becoming more and more crucial. The capacity to provide attendees with access to recorded sessions, presentations, and other event content after the live event has finished is referred to as “on-demand content capabilities.” This increases the value of the event beyond its intended time frame and enables attendees to review or catch up on missed content whenever it is convenient for them.
36. 82% of event technology companies allow for managing multiple content types, such as documents, audio, and links. (Source)
Most event technology suppliers understand the value of providing a variety of material formats to engage attendees and give a smoother event experience. To boost the overall event experience, event management platforms offer management of different formats of content.
37. 68% of attendees will replay content from events they have attended. (Source)
Even 68% of attendees replay content from events they have already attended, which underscores the significance of on-demand content. They might do this because they want to make sure they grasp the subjects covered, they missed some sessions, or it's just more convenient for them according to their schedule.
38. 87% of event platforms currently on the market offer their own registration systems. (Source)
The fact that the great majority of event platforms include a registration system in their solutions suggests that providing one is a typical feature for event platforms. This makes sense because registration is a crucial part of organizing and managing events because it enables planners to gather attendee data, control ticketing and pricing, and restrict access to events.
39. 72.1% of event technology event management platforms currently offer payment integrations with platforms such as Stripe or PayPal. (Source)
The vast majority of event technology solutions for managing events provide third-party payment integrations. This can provide an easier way to manage payments while simplifying the payment process for both organizers and attendees.
40. Dynamic ticket pricing is offered by only 39.3% of event platforms. (Source)
Less than half of event platforms offer dynamic ticket pricing as a feature, indicating that it is not yet a widely used feature across event platforms. As the industry develops, dynamic ticket pricing may become a more often offered feature, allowing event organizers to maximize revenue and optimize attendance.
Start selling your event tickets and get the Agorify event management platform and app for FREE with no attendee limit cap!
41. 86.9% of event management platforms have the capability to embed video streams from websites like YouTube and Vimeo. (Source)
The majority of event management platforms have incorporated the use of video into their event offerings and are giving attendees opportunities to interact with video content. A good option to share pre-recorded or live video content with attendees is by embedding video feeds from well-known providers like YouTube and Vimeo.
42. Only 45.9% of event technology companies have a built-in video studio, which is a decrease from 54.1% the previous year. (Source)
One of the event technology statistics suggests that fewer event technology companies are investing in building their own proprietary video systems. Event technology providers can offer a complete end-to-end solution for creating and delivering live video content thanks to a built-in video studio function.
43. Transitioning events to virtual event management platforms reduce related carbon emissions by 99% (Source)
Virtual event platforms emerged as a potential solution to reduce the environmental impact of the event industry. Event planners can drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions by reducing the need for participants to travel to the venue by providing live streaming of the event.
44. Exhibitor and sponsor management is the second most widely available event management feature, with 90.2% of event management platforms offering it. (Source)
Event planners may manage sponsor and exhibitor data, monitor exhibitor and sponsor activity, and make sure that sponsors and exhibitors have the support they need to get the most out of their investment in the event. To be more precise, this is the second most widely available event management feature.
45. 95.1% of event technology providers offer branding features. (Source)
Event technology suppliers frequently offer branding capabilities. Event planners can use these branding elements to help exhibitors increase brand awareness and collect more leads.
46. Attendee management is the most widely available event management feature, with 91.8% of event management platforms offering it. (Source)
One of the event technology statistics indicates that attendee management is a key feature of event management software and is extensively accessible in the marketplace. Event planners can manage attendee data, restrict access to events, and guarantee a secure environment for all participants.
47. 73.8% of virtual event platforms offer video calls between attendees, compared to only 49.2% of mobile event apps. (Source)
Because they allow participants to communicate face-to-face even when they are not present in the same physical location, video calls are a common feature of virtual event platforms. This can make the experience for participants more immersive and interesting, which can be particularly crucial for events like conferences, trade exhibitions, and networking events.
On the other hand, due to technical restrictions or because they are made to deliver a different kind of experience to participants, mobile event apps do not always offer video calls as a feature. Click here for more virtual event statistics.
48. 62% of event organizers say event mobile apps drive attendee engagement. (Source)
The fact that event mobile apps provide a practical and entertaining way for attendees to engage with the event is the main factor contributing to their rising popularity among event planners. According to one of the event app statistics, 62% of event planners claim that attendee engagement is boosted by mobile event apps.
49. Event technology adoption can boost attendance by 20%. (Source)
The use of event technology can significantly affect attendance. A study found that events that use technology to enhance the attendee experience can see an increase in attendance by up to 20%.
50. 89% of companies that use event technology save around 200 hours per year, while 20% noticed 360+ hours saved per year. (Source)
89% of businesses save about 200 hours of operation annually thanks to event technology. This implies that businesses may execute work faster and more successfully, which saves time. Additionally, 20% of businesses note annual savings of 360+ operation hours. This shows that some businesses are able to save even more time through the use of event technology.
If you are looking for an exhibitor lead retrieval tool, click here.
Event technology statistics are the number one thing that should be checked when doing research about implementing them into your event management and execution strategy. Checking how event apps and platforms are being used among the rest of the event industry can give you a better understanding of how to use event technology in your events and, first and foremost, which event management platform and app to choose. The key factors that you should take into consideration are its pricing, its features, and whether it has a free version that you can explore before purchasing the license.
Our end-to-end event management platform and app, Agorify has over 99 features that you can use completely FREE for events with up to 200 attendees. Start for free here.